Friday, October 14, 2011

My life is better than your vacation

Home sweet home?
Why is it that I always fall into a small post-travel depression when I come home?
The feeling of freedom in my body suddenly transforms into stress. I immediately start thinking about all the thousands of things I have to do. I suddenly feel tired and I ask myself, why do I live here? Why don't I live there?
It usually feels better after a good night sleep and a nice long run by the water. Then I remember how beautiful the archipelago is. How wonderful all my friends are and I start looking forward to all the things I have to do.
I wrote about happiness earlier, about that you can find it just by booking tickets to the paradise closest to you. And it's true. But it's a short cut to happiness and it can't last forever. So when you have unpacked and your'e facing your everyday life, that's when it's important that you can find happiness, wherever you are. Life is not a vacation. My godfather use to tell me that "my life is better than your vacation". And now I understand how important it is for everyone to be able to say that same sentence. If not, then maybe it's time to make some changes. A year consists of 365 days. How many of them can you really remember? Not many...but the important thing is that you can look back and remember that you have been happy, that you have been living your life. And your vacations doesn't count.
So I had a lovely vacation, but now I am back. And I am feeling pretty great! By the way, I finally have access to the internet again! So there's going to be a lot of blogging again!
My last day in paradise:

No comments:

Post a Comment