Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Run bitch run

I have been running almost everyday for two weeks now. I can see and feel the difference already.
It is no surprise that you loose some weight and that your skin looks more fresh. We all knew that already. The real surprise was what it did to me psychologically.

I usually run for 40-50 minutes 7-9 km, depending on how I am feeling that day. Sometimes my body feels so exhausted when I wake up that I need to drink my morning coffee before I can even think the thought of running. But making yourself run before breakfeast is the trick. Not only does it burn more fat than running after you have eaten, but it gives your day a kickstart! I am going to tell you how it has affected me:


1. My ability to focus has changed dramatically. 
If you start your day with making yourself put on those running shoes and get out that door,
It clenses you. You get time to process all your thoughts that would be in your way during the day, the thoughts that would pull your focus away from what needs to be done. Breathing that fresh morning air (even if it's just for 30 minutes on a bad day) makes my day totally different.

2. I haven't been as hungry!
Forst of all I am not feeling as hungry as before. I did some research and found out that it is because it empties the storage of glycogen in your body(the carbohydrates in your muscles) which results in that your blood sugar is more balanced. When there is no glycogen left, that's when your body starts burning the fat. So run before you eat! Your body will burn more fat! This is why people are crazy about the LCHF diet. I tried doing that but noticed that I had NO energy left. And without energy there is NO CHANCE that you can focus and do what you need to do! Now I can eat carbs, (good ones, and a restricted amount ofcourse) I feel much better!


3. I don't crave for unhealthy food anymore!
If you start your day with doing something healthy and good for your body and mind you will notice that you don't want to stuff it with bad things afterwards! Your body is your temple and you should treat it that way. Ofcourse you have to allow yourself to enjoy your favorite foods from time to time but make sure that you really ENJOY them when you do, and that you don't regret it afterwards! Then it is not worth it! And you will get those feelings of bad conscience which leads to that you punish your body instead of giving it an indulgence. BAD BAD BAD. This only leads to that you start hating yourself for eating stuff that you shouldn't and you don't want to go down that path! It is really hard to turn around!

4. I am more inspired

5. I am happier


6. I have more energy!
Before I could feel really tired, sometimes exhausted by the end of the day. When I came home I just wanted to cuddle up on the sofa with a chocolate bar and watch tv. Not only do I find that I have the energy to work now, but I have tons of energy left over! It is a miracle!

And if I am able to keep this up I am going to look like this by summer ;) Who is your inspiration?


I could continue this list for so much longer but then it would turn into a book, so I am just going to stop here. But I hope you get the point? I know running is the last thing you feel like doing when you wake up, but after doing it for a while you get used to it and actually start looking forward to it (with the help of a little good old brainwashing).
So put on those running shoes and start your day by an endorfin kick!
It will change you slowly but surely...











And finally, buy yourself nice running clothes that you feel comfortable in and that makes it easier to get dressed! Here are some celebrity work out looks. Not anything for me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment